Monday, April 25, 2011

Well I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.  I know we did.  We slept in and then went to church to hear about how much God loves us that he sent his only son to die for our sins!  Our church showed a few scenes from the movie-The Passion of Christ.  The main scene was the one where Jesus was being so violently beaten.  It doesn't matter how many times I see this part, it still gives me chills from head to toe and makes me want to cry uncontrollably.  For Jesus to love us so much that he went through what he did is so amazing to me.  It makes me think of just how much I love my children that I would do anything for them.  Both of my boys sat with me in "the big church" as my youngest son calls it, because kids church was not open.  I haven't let my nine year old watch this movie yet due to some of the intense scenes.  When they played the part where Jesus was so badly beaten and had to carry the cross up to the hill where they would nail him to it,  I told my youngest that he could close his eyes if it was too sad for him.  He watched some of it and had this terrified look on his face.  He said to me, "why did they do that to him?" and "did they really do all of that?"  Of course I told him yes they really did and he did it for all of us because he loves us so much.  I've always told him the story of how Jesus went through all of what he did for us, but not in such detail.  He looked up at me again and said, "that makes me feel so much different about him!"  I know he has always loved Jesus and felt good about him but to hear him say that and with such sincerity touched my heart so deeply.

1 comment:

  1. Loving your blog and just hoping over from voiceboks!

    ReplyDelete